The winner of our Eat Healthy Cooking Challenge was Dawn Klarich. She clinched the win with this tasty recipe.
Mystery Basket Ingredients
Spaghetti squash, eggplant, red bell pepper, spinach, chicken breasts, and feta cheese
Tomatoes, yellow onion, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, spoon out seeds, rub inside with extra virgin olive oil before placing cut-side-down in baking tray with 1 inch water. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Peel skin of eggplant into 1 inch thick and about 2.5 inch long strips. Rub with extra virgin olive oil, lightly salt and place purple-side-down on cooling rack. Lightly cover with minced garlic. Place in oven while baking spaghetti squash for 5 minutes, check regularly to ensure they don't burn.
- Take about 8 Roma tomatoes and cut in half before placing in a blender and purée. Take 3 additional tomatoes and hand chop. Add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to large sauce pan on medium heat and add all tomatoes, heat until sauce begins to thicken, color will change from pink to orange/red, stir occasionally. Lightly salt, add minced garlic roughly 1 tablespoon, and add roughly 1 tablespoon oregano.
- Take 3 small chicken breasts and rub with extra virgin olive oil and lightly salt and pepper. Place chicken breast on top of tomato sauce after sauce has thickened, continue to cook on medium heat. Cook chicken breasts 5 minutes on each side.
- Take one yellow onion and dice, add to separate medium pan with extra virgin olive oil on medium heat, stir occasionally to caramelize. Take 1/3 red bell pepper and cut into thin strips (about 4 millimeter width) add to onions when just starting to see color change and add 1 tablespoon minced garlic. Once bell pepper strips are soft combine mix with tomato sauce and remove chicken. Keep on low heat and stir occasionally for 10 additional minutes.
- Take about 20 spinach leaves and stack in an organized fashion, cut into thin strips (about 2 millimeters width). Also cut eggplant crisps lengthwise into similar (2 millimeter width) strips. Set aside for plating.
Steps for plating
- Spoon out spaghetti squash from skin and dab with a light amount of extra virgin olive oil and lightly salt on plate.
- Add tomato sauce as second level.
- Cut chicken into strips and place as third level.
- Center spinach strips on top of chicken in a small pile trying to build height.
- Use colander to sprinkle feta cheese.
- Arrange eggplant strips in the center of your creation similar to a teepee.