Great heart-healthy from our very own Chef Russell Pancamo!
- 2 oz fresh orange sections, drained
- 2-1/2 oz fresh grapefruit sections, drained
- 1-1/3 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2-2/3 tsp chili powder
- 2/3 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1-1/3 tsp fresh grated lemon rind
- 2 salmon fillets (6 oz each), cut in half, across the width Vegetable cooking spray
- In a bowl, add orange and grapefruit sections for citrus salad. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt and lemon rind. Mix well for rub.
- Pack 1/2 Tbsp rub on the flesh side of each piece of salmon.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Coat with vegetable oil spray. Place salmon, crusted side down. Sear for 45 seconds. Remove from pan.
- Coat sheet pans with vegetable oil spray. Place seared salmon on sheet pans. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. convection (400 degree F. standard) oven for 6 minutes or until minimum internal temperature is at least 145 degrees F. (for 15 seconds).
- Serve with couscous and citrus salad.
Nutritional Facts (1 fillet + 1 oz fruit):
190 calories, 15g protein, 9g carbohydrates, 10g fat (3g polyunsaturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 15% DV vitamin A, 30% DV vitamin C, 2% DV calcium, 4% DV iron